PeoplePsych is open and accepting new clients.
It is our belief that social distancing, when at all possible, continues to be the ethically responsible response for all of us at this time to stem the spread of the coronavirus. As a result, we have opted to predominantly switch to video calls for all new and existing clients.
In-office sessions are offered by some PeoplePsych therapists, with some caveats. Please see below to learn about our in-office safety procedures.
You might be tempted to wait out the COVID risk before starting therapy, however, the issues that bring you to therapy do not go away just because we’re staying home. And you do not need to wait if you are ready to get started. Contact us today to get started!
In a continuing effort to reduce everyone’s risk of exposure to COVID-19, we are offering online video/teletherapy sessions via a secure, HIPAA compliant telehealth platform – Doxy.me. By using Doxy.me, we ensure that all data is encrypted, your sessions are confidential, and none of your information is stored. Doxy adheres to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.
We will guide you through the process and assist you in getting set up for online sessions.
How It Works
You do not need to download anything and the virtual office is available via a webpage from your computer or smartphone.
You access your therapist’s private “waiting room” at the time of your session by clicking the link to their specific virtual office. Once you do so, you will be asked for your name (first name is fine) and then entered into the ‘waiting room’. Once you’re there, the therapist can start the call.
To prepare for the session you simply make sure you are in a comfortable space, with a good internet connection, where you can speak freely without concern of others hearing you. The PeoplePsych therapist also makes sure that no one can overhear your session.
Having a session via video call may seem off-putting, but we work to ensure that it feels as much like a traditional session as possible. Additionally, you can hide your picture during the call if seeing yourself is a distraction.
For those using insurance, sessions are often a covered service and our Clinical Coordinator will attempt to verify coverage for those clients who wish to use the service. Many of our clients have been surprised with how they prefer video call teletherapy to traditional in-office sessions. If you are hesitant, we encourage you to give it a try.
In-Office COVID Procedures
Some PeoplePsych therapists are offering in-office sessions at this time. For those who wish to explore meeting in person, we have implemented the following safety precautions.
PeoplePsych is taking the following precautions to protect our clients and our community to help slow the spread of the coronavirus.
- Therapy office seating has been arranged for appropriate physical distancing.
- Therapists and clients are expected to wear, at minimum, non-medical masks at all times.
- Social distancing is maintained at all times regardless of masks.
- An appropriate sized air purifier with a HEPA filter is used at all times while the office is in use.
- Hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol is available in the therapy office and in the general entry area.
- Appointments are scheduled at specific intervals to minimize the number of people in office common areas.
- Clients should arrive (and ring bell for entry as available) at the time of their appointment as waiting is not permitted in the office suite or building common areas.
- Items that are commonly touched are thoroughly sanitized after each session and at the end of the day.
- Physical contact is not permitted.
- Clients and staff who are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms of any physical illness are expected to move the session to teletherapy/video call format and not present to the PeoplePsych offices.
- Tissues and trash bins are easily accessed. Trash is disposed of on a frequent basis.
- Common areas are thoroughly disinfected at the end of each day.
Clients participating in in-office sessions are asked to sign an Informed Consent and expected to comply with both the building and PeoplePsych’s safety precautions at all times.
Our lives aren’t waiting for the coronavirus health crisis to end and you shouldn’t wait to get started on feeling better and actively creating the life you want. Contact our Clinical Coordinator to find out how to move forward!