Recognize Your Strengths!
Belonging to the LGBTQ+ community can be a source of strength, it also brings unique challenges. LGBTQ+ and queer-affirming therapists can help reinforce personal strengths while assisting you navigate any challenges you experience.
The reasons you are seeking therapy might or might not overtly relate to your sexual orientation or gender identity. However, members of the LGBTQ+ community are more at risk for experiencing persistent depressive and anxiety symptoms – in addition to being at risk for experiencing discrimination, harassment, family rejection and other traumas.
At PeoplePsych we create a safe space for you to explore the issues that bring you to therapy, regardless of whether they are specific to your gender identity or sexual orientation. Our therapists continually strive to create an affirming non-judgmental safe space for you to be yourself while you work through the issues that bring you to therapy.
There can be any reason to see the services of a therapist:
- Addressing anxiety or depressive symptoms.
- Working through relationship issues.
- Exploring your sexual orientation and identity.
- Coming out to friends and family.
- Exploring your gender expression or identity.
- Managing or identifying gender dysphoria.
- Mitigating concerns such as addiction, parenting matters, sexual problems, addiction and relationship issues.
- Coping with bullying, harassment, or discrimination.
- Recovering from trauma.