Recognize Your Strengths!
Belonging to the LGBTQ+ community can be a source of strength, it also brings unique challenges. LGBTQ+ and queer-affirming therapists can help reinforce personal strengths while assisting you navigate any challenges you experience.
The reasons you are seeking therapy might or might not overtly relate to your sexual orientation or gender identity. However, members of the LGBTQ+ community are more at risk for experiencing persistent depressive and anxiety symptoms – in addition to being at risk for experiencing discrimination, harassment, family rejection and other traumas.
At PeoplePsych we create a safe space for you to explore the issues that bring you to therapy, regardless of whether they are specific to your gender identity or sexual orientation. Our therapists continually strive to create an affirming non-judgmental safe space for you to be yourself while you work through the issues that bring you to therapy.
There can be any reason to see the services of a therapist:
- Addressing anxiety or depressive symptoms.
- Working through relationship issues.
- Exploring your sexual orientation and identity.
- Coming out to friends and family.
- Exploring your gender expression or identity.
- Managing or identifying gender dysphoria.
- Mitigating concerns such as addiction, parenting matters, sexual problems, addiction and relationship issues.
- Coping with bullying, harassment, or discrimination.
- Recovering from trauma.
Choosing the right therapist can make a huge difference in improving and managing your mental health. During an LGBTQ+ counseling session, you will speak privately with a qualified licensed therapist familiar with the challenges facing people of diverse sexuality and genders.
it’s about creating the space and life you desire.
Affirming therapy for the LGBTQ+ population.
If you find yourself feeling any of the following:
- Unresolved hostility, resentment, or disappointment
- Fear about the future or sense of fragility
- Upset about how others behaviors are affecting you
- Feeling that others aren’t giving you a chance
- Loneliness, or worry that you won’t ever feel settled and comfortable again
- Guilt about choices you made
- General anxiety, irritability, or panic attacks
- Grief or depression surrounding the transition
- Stress or anxiety about financial burdens
… then therapy can help.
Working one-on-one with a therapist, you can learn to accept and address feelings of anger, sadness, anxiety, guilt or depression. Your therapist can help you find positive outlets to deal with your emotions. Therapy can help you process these emotions in a healthy way so that you can move past this moment of pain and sorrow and work to move forward in your life.
Therapy can give you the power to reclaim your life. Together, we will figure out what is holding you back and find a path to creating the life you want.
Contact us today and our clinical coordinator will connect you with the PeoplePsych therapist that is right for you!