- Bring snacks of items you enjoy eating while visiting loved ones.
- Try and keep expectations realistic.
- Try your best to be mindful, and in the present moment.
- Be grateful: What are you grateful for? Try writing out three things you are grateful for at the end or the beginning of your day.
- Prioritize sleep: Regulating our moods is easier when we have 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Set boundaries: For example, certain topics you won’t discuss — such as your health — or maybe just saying ‘no’ can be helpful during holiday focused events.
- Mantras/self talk: Try saying:
Not everything will go the way I would like, but I’m flexible to change and adjustment.
About Jessica Zaehringer, LCSW
…. Find out more about Jessica here.
PeoplePsych therapists are accepting new clients. Reach out today at 312-252-5252, or complete the contact form below.
Comments are closed.